Diamond Resorts Claims
Diamond Resorts Timeshare Claims
On January 18, 2018, the company underwent a brand refresh, updating its logo and officially dropping International from its name. Known now as Diamond Resorts. In March 2021, Apollo Global agreed to sell Diamond Resorts to Hilton Grand Vacations for $1.4 billion. The acquisition was completed on August 2, 2021.
A simple google search will show you, as with most timeshare resorts, how easy it is to book a holiday at these resorts without being a member. And as most Diamond resort members will tell you, much better value than paying to join and huge yearly maintenance fees.
Diamond Resorts closed their UK sales operations some time ago, but not without one last horar! Diamond Resorts members were offered the opportunity to upgrade to their fractional timeshare product. Very similar to the sales pitch flouted by Club La Costa. Unfortunately for Diamond, this has come back to haunt them. After years of complaints from unhappy Diamond Resorts fractional members, the Financial Ombudsman Service has ruled in favour of the consumer.
Diamond resorts had an agreement with Barclays Partner Finance (Clydesdale Financial Services) to facilitate the funding of loans taken out by their members to purchase the timeshares. Many other companies, such as Azure resorts, Club La Costa, Silverpoint, Club Paradiso and MGM, were also in partnership with Barclays Partner Finance. It means that under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act, the lender, Barclays, becomes responsible for the financial liability. As such, all successful qualifying claims will be settled by Barclays Partner Finance. As a result, Barclays Partner Finance is potentially liable for hundreds of millions of pounds of claims across several timeshare companies.
If you purchased a Diamond Resorts Fractional membership and felt like you were mis-sold, you probably were! To check if you still qualify for a claim, get in touch.
Do you qualify for a Diamond Resorts Timeshare claim ?
- Did you take out a loan with Barclays Partner Finance ?
- Did you purchase the Diamond Resorts Fractional product ?
- Were you told you could resell your Fractional membership ?
- Were you sold your fractional product as an investment ?
- Did you feel pressured into upgrading to reduce the length of your previous ownership ?
- Have you suffered financially due to your purchase ?
- Were you aware of the high interest rates on your Barclays Loan prior to purchase?
- Were you in a financial position to afford the loan that Barclays gave you ?
- Have you suffered emotional and mental distress as a result of the position you were put in ?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions , you may have grounds for a claim .